For Our Tenants
KeySteps can help you if...
• You need help completing your online Housing Benefit form.
• You need advice on applying for a Discretionary Housing Payment – if you have limited money coming in this may reduce hardship and help with top ups to be paid on your monthly rent.
• You need someone to accompany you to any appointments at the Town Hall, or elsewhere, to help in sorting out ongoing problems.
• You need advice on how to find furniture and/or white goods for your new home.
• You need a Foodbank Voucher.
• You need advice and assistance on how to get repairs carried out at your property.
• You need help with accessing training or securing funding for courses.
• You are looking for work and need help with creating or updating your CV.
• You start work and are worried how you will manage financially until your first salary payment is due, please ask for advice.
• You are issued with a Notice to Quit your property. Please bring it to the office so that we can advise on whether it is a legal eviction notice or not.
• You feel you are having problems with your landlord – we can provide a mediation service to help you to keep your tenancy.
You can call into the Drop-in Surgery any time between 10.00am – 2.00pm on Mondays or Wednesdays - or telephone us to discuss whatever issues you might have.